About Me

My photo
Clifton Park, New York, United States
I am a devoted wife, mother of 3 beautiful children and 5 grandchildren. My attitude is be positive and those around you will benefit from it.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

In Sympathy


My sister called me the other day to tell me of a gentleman who had once worked with my father and had suddenly died - he had an enlarged heart.  He was only 57 and had a wife, a couple of children (his youngest, who found him, was only 6).  My sister tried to get me to remember who he was and she mentioned "he always asked how you were, how's Rosie", I felt bad not remembering him, until she sent me his picture with obituary.  I remembered instantly; how sad.  I really wanted to send his wife a sympathy card, so this card is for her. 

When I hear of someone who is grieving because someone dear to them has suddenly passed, I often think about how precious life is, and I immediately thank God for all my blessings and for keeping me safe day-by-day.  I immediately wanted to post a beautiful poem that I found recently - in hopes that someday when I pass, this will be read.

What I used: Mariposa Stack
Ribbon: Crate Paper
Pearls: Recollections
Glimmer Mist:  Suede
Sentiment: Three Little Words (Stampin Up)
Flourish: Delight In Life (Stampin Up)

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave bereft
I am not there. I have not left.


2 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful card! Love the sparkle and the unique fold! She will so appreciate it and your thoughts and prayers. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! I know it will be a comfort to his wife. I also love the poem you shared...

    ReplyDelete